The service aims to improve and maintain the health of people over 65 and to reduce the numbers of falls. Falls are the most common type of accident among older people, sometimes leading to loss of independence and often causing serious injury.
Volunteers age 50 and over are needed to:
- Visit clients at home to help complete an assessment
- Accompany the client in pursuit of activities
- To help at group activities, e.g. refreshments
- To give information on preventing falls
- To work alone as part of a team who meet up regularly
Volunteers can commit time as available to their preferred type of work.
All out of pocket expenses will be refunded.