During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown obtaining essential supplies and keeping safe is vital.
It is hoped this list will be useful:
- Dispensary: Collect prescriptions Monday-Friday 9am-5pm - the collection point is at the side of the building at the window. Telephone queries for prescriptions/dispensary 9am-2pm.
- Contact: 01206 262202 Taking telephone calls Monday to Friday between 8am - 6.30pm
NAYLAND VILLAGE STORES
- Nayland Post Office, High Street: opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-12.30, Sat 9am-12.30, Sun 9am-10.30, no delivery service
- Kerridge Butcher, Court Street: 262218 – pre-order for collection, or delivery when they are able to.
- Forget Me Not, Birch Street: 265965 - open Tues-Fri 9am-4pm, Sat 9am-1pm. Ring to pre-order for collection
OTHER LOCAL STORES, BUTCHERS & SUPPLIERS
- Byham’s Dairy, Sudbury: https://www.byhamsdairy.co.uk/ 01787 372 526 for delivery of milk, dairy, bakery, eggs, juices, soft drinks, water, coal, bird food, compost
- John Coleman Butcher, Boxted: https://www.johncolemanbutchers.co.uk - home delivery or shop pick-up service for vulnerable people
- Park Street Stores & Post Office: Stoke by Nayland 262335 Call and collect and delivery service to all local villages
- McLauchlans ‘Boxted Berries’: https://www.boxtedberries.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/boxtedberries for pick your own or ready picked berries in season, broad beans plus potatoes, cream & ices cream
- Lower Dairy Farm, Lt. Horkesley: http://www.lowerdairyfarm.co.uk - for beef, pork, preserves & eggs - call and collect service
- Collett’s Farm, Wormingford: http://www.collettsfarm.co.uk Farm produce, meat boxes, raw Jersey milk
- Fairfields Farm Crisps, Wormingford: https://fairfieldsfarmcrisps.co.uk/shop/ for delivery of fruit and vegetable boxes, potatoes and crisps.
- Pippin at Stokeby Nayland: https://www.stokebynayland.com/store for groceries, meat, fruit, veg, etc - delivery service with 5 miles £3 (free for over 70s and vulnerable) with £20 min spend
- Blackwells Farm Shop, Coggeshall: https://www.blackwellsfarmproduce.co.uk/ 01376 562500 for dairy, meat, eggs, bread, fruit, veg, groceries etc – deliveries Mon-Fri, £50 min spend, £5 delivery
TAKE-AWAY & CONVENIENCE MEALS
GARDENING, PLANTS, PETS & DIY
These types of store are gradually re-opening but with various conditions/limitations which it is recommended you read before visiting
- Fillpotts, Boxted: https://fillpotsonline.co.uk/ Now selling bedding and vegetable plants, perennial plants, compost, garden care, food essentials, eggs, honey – delivery service, £30 min spend. They have also re-opened.
- John Smith, Constitution Hill: email http://email@example.com to obtain a plant list and availability. They can deliver.
- Beth Chatto, Elmstead Market: https://www.bethchatto.co.uk is taking online plant orders for dispatch
- Hearts Delight, Lawford: http://www.hearts-delight.co.uk are offering a delivery service
- The Place for Plants, East Bergholt: http://www.placeforplants.co.uk are offering a delivery service on compost, plants, garden sundries but have reopened.
- Poplar Delivers (Poplar Nursery, Marks Tey): https://www.poplardelivers.co.uk/ are offering a delivery service for plants, garden accessories, gifts, seasonal produce. Free delivery on £50 min spend. They have reopened.
- Mill Race Garden Centre, Aldham: https://www.millracegardencentre.co.uk are offering a delivery service on garden sundries, etc
- Original Landscape Design, Long Road West, Dedham: http://www.o-l-d.co.uk/ 01206 322617 - Shrubs, trees and hedging are available for delivery. Next day delivery is available
- See Dee Pets, Middleton Road, Sudbury: https://www.facebook.com/SEEDEEPETS/ or 01787 311122 – for all pet requirements, wild bird food, compost, charcoal offering an order/pay by telephone for collection service
The Range, Colchester: https://www.therange.co.uk/ stores are open and online sales/delivery as usual for garden sundries, kitchen appliances, etc, etc (compost is instore only
- B&Q: the Colchester branch has now reopened Mon- Sat 8am-5pm. Sun 10am-4pm for card and contactless payments oly. There is a a click and collect service, including for compost and growbags (there is frequently a queue to get onto their website).
- The Landscape Centre, Copford: https://the-landscape-centre.co.uk/ 01206 210643 for local collection or delivery of compost, soil, turf and hard landscaping materials and they have re-opened.
If you have any further recommendations please advise firstname.lastname@example.org
CORONAVIRUS: MOTs due from 30 March 2020
Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive. See details at: http://https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020